An alleged New People’s Army leader was killed in an inter-agency operation in her hideout in Sitio Lacobe, Barangay Malabuan, Makilala, North Cotabato, at noon of Feb. 14.
Brig. Gen. Adonis Bajao, the commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade, identified her as Juanita Gore Tacadao alias Isay/Maring, the regional head of NPA’s Far South Mindanao, who was also the logistics and finance head of the said group.
Tacadao was killed in an alleged shootout when her security escorts exchanged fires with the inter-agency team from the 39th Infantry Battalion and Makilala Police Office who were about to serve the following warrants of arrest: CC Nr 236, 237, 238 and 239 issued by Judge Magnolia C. Velez of the 11th Judicial Region, RTC Branch 20, Digos City, Davao del Sur for murder; and CC Nr 568-2017 issued by Judge Jose T. Tabosares of the 12th Judicial Region, RTC Branch 23, Kidapawan City, North Cotabato for robbery with violence against intimidation of person.
Accordingly, the rebels securing Tacadao scampered to different directions after the five-minute skirmish. Authorities found her body, one M14 rifle, one caliber .38 pistol, one landmine, two blasting caps, and a detonating cord at the scene.
Bajao said the residents pinpointed her hiding place, which led to the firefight.
In a related incident, another hideout of Tacadao’s group was discovered by patrolling troops of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade and 39th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Blazan, Malawanit, Magsaysay, Davao Del Sur on the afternoon of Feb. 14, 2020.
The soldiers found one M16 rifle, one homemade 12-gauge shotgun, one hand grenade, ammunition, food supplies, personal belongings, and subversive documents.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1