An alleged New People’s Army leader was killed in an inter-agency operation in her hideout in Sitio Lacobe, Barangay Malabuan, Makilala, North Cotabato, at noon of Feb. 14.
Brig. Gen. Adonis Bajao, the commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade, identified her as Juanita Gore Tacadao alias Isay/Maring, the regional head of NPA’s Far South Mindanao, who was also the logistics and finance head of the said group.
Tacadao was killed in an alleged shootout when her security escorts exchanged fires with the inter-agency team from the 39th Infantry Battalion and Makilala Police Office who were about to serve the following warrants of arrest: CC Nr 236, 237, 238 and 239 issued by Judge Magnolia C. Velez of the 11th Judicial Region, RTC Branch 20, Digos City, Davao del Sur for murder; and CC Nr 568-2017 issued by Judge Jose T. Tabosares of the 12th Judicial Region, RTC Branch 23, Kidapawan City, North Cotabato for robbery with violence against intimidation of person.
Accordingly, the rebels securing Tacadao scampered to different directions after the five-minute skirmish. Authorities found her body, one M14 rifle, one caliber .38 pistol, one landmine, two blasting caps, and a detonating cord at the scene.
Bajao said the residents pinpointed her hiding place, which led to the firefight.
In a related incident, another hideout of Tacadao’s group was discovered by patrolling troops of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade and 39th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Blazan, Malawanit, Magsaysay, Davao Del Sur on the afternoon of Feb. 14, 2020.
The soldiers found one M16 rifle, one homemade 12-gauge shotgun, one hand grenade, ammunition, food supplies, personal belongings, and subversive documents.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized