Authorities busted a big-time drug group that led to the arrest of three suspects and the confiscation of more than P9 million worth of shabu in an operation in Tagum City, Davao del Norte on Thursday night.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Davao City Police Office’s Sta. Ana Police Station, identified the arrested target as Bembol Papata, 39, of Bay-bay, Pindasan, Mabini, Davao de Oro.
Also arrested were Rex Comaña, 28, of Visayan Village, Tagum City, and female suspect Jeanet Saicon, 46, also from Bay-bay, Pindasan, Mabini, Davao de Oro.
Uyanguren said Papata is the Top 7 drug suspect in Davao de Oro whose operations include the neighboring province of Davao del Norte and Davao City.
The Police Regional Command organized the operation, forming a team to conduct the buy-bust.
Aside from the Sta. Ana Police, the team was also composed of the Regional Special Operation Group XI, DCPO’s Talomo Police Station, and the DCPO Intelligence. The Tagum City Police Station and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11 also coordinated.
The operation was conducted beside the Rubio Memorial Services in Purok Rosal, Visayan Village around 6:20 p.m. Thursday.
Uyanguren said a police poseur was able to buy a sachet of shabu from Papata, who conspired with two other companions, for P3,000.
Operatives further seized eight other sachets of shabu.
The officer said they seized around 590 grams of shabu, worth P9.44 million.
The suspect’s blue Montero vehicle and their cellphones were also confiscated.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art