Eight drug suspects were arrested in different police operations against illegal drugs in the past few days.
Around 11 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Ronald Rubio Abrea, 25, a resident of Awhag, Bacaca; Mark Fuentes Morales, 39, truck helper, and a resident of Brgy. 9-A; Woody Fuentes Morales, 30, layout artist, and a resident of Barangay 9-A; Romel Romeo Abrea, 23, laborer (painter), and a resident of Awhag, Bacaca; Stephen Baviola Prado, 30, delivery boy, and a resident of Kalubian, Ecoland, and Julius Salas Madrigal, 26, and a resident of Indangan.
They were arrested in buy-bust operations conducted in Barangay 9-A and Barangay Mintal by the elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Toril Police Station and Tugbok Police Station.
Seized from them were 11 pieces of alleged shabu with an estimated street value of P22,000.
On Tuesday afternoon, Jomel Ampunan Entero, 21, truck helper and a resident of Barangay Manambulan, Tugbok District, was arrested for selling marijuana leaves worth P5,000 to a police undercover. Recovered from him were another four pieces of marijuana with an estimated value of P3,000.
Meanwhile, Jhonalyn Nale Sarao, 30, a resident of Kawayan Drive, Ecoland, was arrested after she allegedly handed P3,000 worth of shabu to a poseur-buyer in the area at 4:55 p.m. on Feb. 10.
According to Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, Talomo Police Station chief, the suspect was included in the drugs watchlist of the Directorate Intelligence. She was also accused of violating RA 9208 or the Anti-Human Trafficking Law.
“There are still stubborn people out there who think they can get away with the law. Well, they are wrong. We will continue to keep on tracking those who are involved in illegal activities and we will not stop until they will be locked in jail,” Lao said.
All suspects are charged with violating RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Drugs Act of 2002. (Diana Losis and Edenn Mae Aguanta/UM Interns)
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month