Eight drug suspects were arrested in different police operations against illegal drugs in the past few days.
Around 11 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Ronald Rubio Abrea, 25, a resident of Awhag, Bacaca; Mark Fuentes Morales, 39, truck helper, and a resident of Brgy. 9-A; Woody Fuentes Morales, 30, layout artist, and a resident of Barangay 9-A; Romel Romeo Abrea, 23, laborer (painter), and a resident of Awhag, Bacaca; Stephen Baviola Prado, 30, delivery boy, and a resident of Kalubian, Ecoland, and Julius Salas Madrigal, 26, and a resident of Indangan.
They were arrested in buy-bust operations conducted in Barangay 9-A and Barangay Mintal by the elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Toril Police Station and Tugbok Police Station.
Seized from them were 11 pieces of alleged shabu with an estimated street value of P22,000.
On Tuesday afternoon, Jomel Ampunan Entero, 21, truck helper and a resident of Barangay Manambulan, Tugbok District, was arrested for selling marijuana leaves worth P5,000 to a police undercover. Recovered from him were another four pieces of marijuana with an estimated value of P3,000.
Meanwhile, Jhonalyn Nale Sarao, 30, a resident of Kawayan Drive, Ecoland, was arrested after she allegedly handed P3,000 worth of shabu to a poseur-buyer in the area at 4:55 p.m. on Feb. 10.
According to Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, Talomo Police Station chief, the suspect was included in the drugs watchlist of the Directorate Intelligence. She was also accused of violating RA 9208 or the Anti-Human Trafficking Law.
“There are still stubborn people out there who think they can get away with the law. Well, they are wrong. We will continue to keep on tracking those who are involved in illegal activities and we will not stop until they will be locked in jail,” Lao said.
All suspects are charged with violating RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Drugs Act of 2002. (Diana Losis and Edenn Mae Aguanta/UM Interns)
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021