Authorities confiscated nearly 1,000 refilled butane canisters from a trader during an entrapment operation along Lopez Jaena Street, Barangay 76-A at 3:40 p.m. on Tuesday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao identified him as Jobert C. Bagay.
Confiscated from his possession were 984 LPG-refilled canisters with a market value of P32,472, along with the P2,000 marked money.
According to the report, the CIDG and the San Pedro Police Station launched the operation after securing a copy from the Department of Energy that the suspect was not accredited to sell the canisters.
Driz appealed to the public not to patronize unregistered refilled butane canisters for safety reasons.
“Let us be reminded to be always on safety first. We will still run after violators of the said Presidential Decree and other laws existing to this effect,” Driz said.
For now, Bagay is detained in the San Pedro Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1865 s. of 1983.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories