Authorities confiscated nearly 1,000 refilled butane canisters from a trader during an entrapment operation along Lopez Jaena Street, Barangay 76-A at 3:40 p.m. on Tuesday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao identified him as Jobert C. Bagay.
Confiscated from his possession were 984 LPG-refilled canisters with a market value of P32,472, along with the P2,000 marked money.
According to the report, the CIDG and the San Pedro Police Station launched the operation after securing a copy from the Department of Energy that the suspect was not accredited to sell the canisters.
Driz appealed to the public not to patronize unregistered refilled butane canisters for safety reasons.
“Let us be reminded to be always on safety first. We will still run after violators of the said Presidential Decree and other laws existing to this effect,” Driz said.
For now, Bagay is detained in the San Pedro Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1865 s. of 1983.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success