A vehicle fell from the third floor of the car park of Davao Doctors Hospital (DDH) along Malvar Street at 9:20 a.m. yesterday.
The driver and his two passengers survived the incident.
DDH said it has temporarily closed the carpark “until cleared by the City Engineer’s Office to further protect the safety of our patients and the public.”
Capt Rosario Aguilar, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the driver of the white Toyota Fortuner with plate no. DAH 4810, Datu Luminog Kusain Delangalen, was accelerating towards the fourth floor of the car park when he reportedly lost control of the vehicle due to the slippery steel ramp.
Aguilar said the vehicle slid backward and fell from the third floor directly to the ground pavement.
Hospital staff members immediately rescued Delangalen and his two male passengers. The three sustained injuries but are now in stable condition at DDH.
In a statement, DDH called it as an “unfortunate incident.”
“It is unfortunate that said accident happened despite the safety measures installed at the steel carpark,” the hospital said.
It said “necessary measures to ensure that the persons involved in the said car accident are being taken care of and are currently being treated.”
The personnel who first responded to the incident have undergone Basic Life Support (BLS) training and have handled the situation accordingly.
“For now, the hospital is conducting a thorough investigation of the incident together with the government regulatory agencies,” it said.
It was the second incident to hit DDH.
On Dec. 23, 2015, a Toyota bB vehicle, with plate number AXX 911, fell from the fourth floor and landed on the ground upside down.
Ricky Deniola, 40, of the Sto. Niño, Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District, a valet driver for the hospital’s valet parking service, died.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success