In celebration of the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Davao Filipino-Chinese Cultural Foundation, Inc. and the Overseas Community Affairs Council of the Republic of China presented “Leaping Taiwan,” an acrobatic and variety show, last February 1 at the RMC Gazz Arena in Davao City.
“Having chosen Davao as one of the venues this spectacular program shows how much they give importance to our city,” said Benito Mesina of the Davao Filipino-Chinese Cultural Foundation, Inc.
Mesina also officially welcomed Minister Hsin-Hsing Wu of the Overseas Community Affairs Council of the Republic of China (Taiwan) for his first time visit in the city.
The minister brought with him the internationally renowned Formosa Circus Art, which showcased the history and evolution of Taiwan from an agriculture-based to a bustling, modern nation.
“I am also honored to have Formosa Circus Act to perform for the first time here in Davao. We would love to see our Filipino friends here to visit Taiwan soon and further strengthen the friendship between the Taiwanese people and the Filipinos,” Hsin-Hsing Wu said during his speech.
The goodwill mission travels around Asia every year with this year’s single Philippine stop is Davao City. The group also visited Osaka and Yokohama in Japan; Kuala Lumpur, Sibu, Kuching, and Penang in Malaysia; and Jakarta in Indonesia.
Present also during the event were Ambassador Michael Peiyung Hsu of Taipei’s Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines, Davao City Councilor Nilo Abellera and City Administrator Atty. Zuleika Lopez.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead