In celebration of the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Davao Filipino-Chinese Cultural Foundation, Inc. and the Overseas Community Affairs Council of the Republic of China presented “Leaping Taiwan,” an acrobatic and variety show, last February 1 at the RMC Gazz Arena in Davao City.
“Having chosen Davao as one of the venues this spectacular program shows how much they give importance to our city,” said Benito Mesina of the Davao Filipino-Chinese Cultural Foundation, Inc.
Mesina also officially welcomed Minister Hsin-Hsing Wu of the Overseas Community Affairs Council of the Republic of China (Taiwan) for his first time visit in the city.
The minister brought with him the internationally renowned Formosa Circus Art, which showcased the history and evolution of Taiwan from an agriculture-based to a bustling, modern nation.
“I am also honored to have Formosa Circus Act to perform for the first time here in Davao. We would love to see our Filipino friends here to visit Taiwan soon and further strengthen the friendship between the Taiwanese people and the Filipinos,” Hsin-Hsing Wu said during his speech.
The goodwill mission travels around Asia every year with this year’s single Philippine stop is Davao City. The group also visited Osaka and Yokohama in Japan; Kuala Lumpur, Sibu, Kuching, and Penang in Malaysia; and Jakarta in Indonesia.
Present also during the event were Ambassador Michael Peiyung Hsu of Taipei’s Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines, Davao City Councilor Nilo Abellera and City Administrator Atty. Zuleika Lopez.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year