The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) committed on Monday to provide the local government of Burauen, Leyte financial and technical aid for the renovation of Burauen Sports Complex Track Oval and Swimming Pools in 2021.
In a courtesy visit to PSC Chairman William Ramirez on Monday, February 2, Burauen City Mayor Juanito Renomeron reached an agreement with the sports agency chief for the planned renovation of the city’s sports facilities.
“The PSC is persistent in its mandate to make sports accessible to every Filipino, and to support local government units on their grassroots sports programs that creates better citizenry through sports,” said Ramirez.
Renomeron thanked the PSC for its promised aid.
“We were surprised by the support coming from the PSC for the renovation of both our track oval and swimming pool. This is a great step in developing a better grassroots sports program in our city,” said Renomeron.
The city mayor added that the renovations to be done in the 6-hectare sports complex will boost their bid in hosting the next editions of PSC programs like Batang Pinoy and Philippine National Games, as well as the Palarong Pambansa in 2023.
Meanwhile, Ramirez is set to grace the opening ceremonies of the Eastern Visayas Regional Athletic Association (EVRAA) meet at the Burauen Sports Complex on March 22.
In 2018, the PSC also partnered with the Mindanao State University (MSU) for the refurbishments of its Track Oval as part of its aid in the recovery of Marawi City.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success