All the city and provincial schools divisions have new superintendents.
Jenielito Atillo, the spokesperson of the Department of Education XI, said the reshuffling is a normal routine that affects all, including the regional directors.
“The law actually mandates that there is a period where reshuffling must be done to usher new talents. This is being done by our DepEd Secretary Briones to elevate the service,” he said. “This is actually just a part of the system.”
All the 11 schools division offices in Davao region were affected.
The newly installed schools division superintendents in Davao region are Dr. Reynaldo B. Guillena – Davao City, Dr. Josephine L. Fadul – Tagum City, Dr. Winnie E. Batoon – Samal City, Dr. Reynante A. Solitario – Panabo City, Dr. Cristy C. Epe – Digos City, Dr. Alona C. Uy – Mati City, Dr. Eufemia T. Gamutin – Davao de Oro, Dr. Reynaldo B. Mellorida – Davao Oriental, Dr. Dee D. Silva – Davao del Norte, Dr. Nelson C. Lopez – Davao del Sur and Dr. Lorenzo E. Mendoza – Davao Occidental.
Atillo said the reshuffling was implemented last month.
But before the implementation, the DepEd conducted a series of consultation with the concerned stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition of the reshuffling process.
“We cannot do the reshuffling without informing everybody kay basig ma-shock na lang sila (because they may just be shocked),” he said.
The reshuffling process, he said, is done every five to seven years under the DepEd regulation. It could also be done by way of promotion or a retirement.
He said the reshuffling is usually held near the end of the school year so the newly appointed school’s division superintendents can adapt to a new working environment before the school opening as there are many preparations needed to be done.
Atillo said “it will not be difficult for the newly appointed officials to perform their duties in a new environment as they are already learned individuals on their assigned tasks.”
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?