The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will spearhead the 7th Araw ng Kasambahay celebration on Feb. 16 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bo. Obrero.
Among the partner agencies are the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and Social Security System (SSS).
Ed Monreal, DOLE XI Task Kasambahay focal person, said that various activities are lined up for the house helpers to take a break from their household chores and educate them on their rights.
The one-day program includes activities such as learning session about recruitment, Pag-Ibig and SSS orientation, testimonials from then housekeepers who are now professionals, games, and raffles.
The SSS, Pag-Ibig, and Philhealth will also conduct a free registration on the event. Moreover, the Department of Education will give free haircut, make-up, and massage for the participants.
DOLE also introduced the Kasambahay Desks Officers’ Guide, which contains the possible income of housekeepers depending on the class of city or municipality of its employer. The guide includes the mandatory benefits of house keepers such as SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-Ibig.
“The employer and employee should have a contract and the employer should also issue payslip and certificate of employment to its house helper,” Monreal added. The guides were distributed to the Kasambahay desks officers of each barangay in the country.
Meanwhile, Apoleyo F. Torrefranca, SSS Office III Task Kasambahay focal person, said that house keepers can also receive sickness, maternity, disability, death, and retirement benefits just like a regular employee.
He also emphasized that they can also apply for a calamity loan, provided that they will present a certification issued by the Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office.
The DSWD XI, meanwhile, continues to monitor the house helpers in the region. “So far, there are no reported incident of violence or abuse on our kasambahay in region XI,” Ma. Celina Serapio, DSWD XI Task Kasambahay focal person, said. Yvette Balayon/UM Intern
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021