Seven members of the Banwaon tribe from Agusan del Sur who were alleged members of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the authorities in Nueva Ecija.
In a press briefing yesterday held at the Sandiwa hall in Camp Quintin Merecido, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director identified the three as alias Alan, Paopao, and Princess.
“The surrender of these NPAs is consistent with our intention to rescue all IPs who are easy victims of the deception of Joma Sison’s coalition of criminal groups,” he said.
Alan was arrested at the checkpoint in Nueva Ejica. When questioned, he admitted to be part of the NPA. Authorities also learned from Alan that he has companions coming from Agusan del Sur who also want to surrender.
The Police Regional Office III conducted an operation to rescue the other members of the Banwaon tribe.
“They were now returning to the folds of the law and the government will be helping them,” he added.
When asked during the press conference, Paopao claimed that they were part of the Manilakbayan in 2015, the main reason why they were in Luzon.
He revealed that his role in the organization is to organize communities to join the NPA.“I was recruited to be part of (Guerrilla) Front 88, then was transferred after two months,” he said.
According to the report, Jan. 29, a composite team from the Regional Mobile Force Battalion,Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Davao del Sur PPO conducted a joint operation with the 1st Provincial Mobile Force Company, Nueva Ecija PPO, Police Regional Office 3 with operatives from 26th Infantry Battalion and 401st Infantry Brigade under 4th Infantry Division of Eastern Mindanao Command in facilitating the surrender of three active NPA members of the Front Committee 88 in Agusan del Sur.
As a follow-up, last Feb. 6, Col. Edgar Alan Okubo, the deputy regional director for operations, spearheaded the composite team to facilitate the surrender of four NPAs from Front Committee 88 based in Agusan del Sur. They were identified as alias CJ, Tiger, Fine, and Claire.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success