Troops of the 30th Infantry Battalion has overrun another alleged New People’s Army camp in the hinterlands of Sitio Puhagan, Barangay Mahanub, Gigaquit, Surigao del Norte last week.
1Lt. Wilfredo Quilang, the acting civil-military operations officer of the 30th IB, said they conducted security operations after receiving reports that armed men were conducting extortion activities in the area.
Quilang said the enemy withdrew after 30 minutes of firefight, resulting in the recovery of two anti-personnel mines, one bandolier with seven magazines loaded with 150 rounds for AK-47, 36 poncho tents, personal belongings, and other subversive documents.
In a statement, Lt. Col. Jeffrey Villarosa, the 30th IB commander, said, “The strong resistance of the populace against communist terrorists is very vital in solving the insurgency. I commend their boldness and timely information that led to this encounter.”
“I also encourage the other members of the terrorist to avail of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) of the government before it’s too late for them,” Villarosa added.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls