An arms cache of the New People’s Army was recovered by the Army and PNP joint operation led by the 71st Infantry Battalion in Sitio Kidaraan Barangay Anitapan, Mabini, Davao de Oro last week.
Lt. Col. Sonny Gonzales, the commander of 71st IB, said the recovery came after the apprehension of suspect Sales L. Dumaungan, 48, an alleged member of the Milisya ng Bayan under the Guerrilla Front 2 and the surrender of courier Reyboy Cambarijan, alias Boy, in the last week of January.
They allegedly pointed to the location of the hidden contraband.
Authorities recovered one US M14 rifle, two M14 magazines loaded with 29 bullets, two cal. 38 revolvers, and two improvised explosive devices.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls