An arms cache of the New People’s Army was recovered by the Army and PNP joint operation led by the 71st Infantry Battalion in Sitio Kidaraan Barangay Anitapan, Mabini, Davao de Oro last week.
Lt. Col. Sonny Gonzales, the commander of 71st IB, said the recovery came after the apprehension of suspect Sales L. Dumaungan, 48, an alleged member of the Milisya ng Bayan under the Guerrilla Front 2 and the surrender of courier Reyboy Cambarijan, alias Boy, in the last week of January.
They allegedly pointed to the location of the hidden contraband.
Authorities recovered one US M14 rifle, two M14 magazines loaded with 29 bullets, two cal. 38 revolvers, and two improvised explosive devices.
Share this post:
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus