Mayor Oscar Moreno led the launching of the Cagayan de Oro City Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (CDOCTF-ELCAC) at the covered court of Barangay Tignapoloan last Friday.
The activity was highlighted by the inauguration of newly paved and opened roads, groundbreaking of the Oro Kalandang (Kalinaw) Center, a halfway house for former rebels, awarding of cash for the firearms of former rebels, and turnover of one unit tractor for the community support program of the 65th Infantry Battalion.
Moreno expressed his gratitude to the government agencies and the military units in Region X for their contributions to peace and development.
“I am thankful to all the agencies who have brought the needed services to our constituents. We had removed the obstacles to growth and prosperity and also removed insurgency,” Moreno said.
Different local government agencies and the 4th ID had also brought various services to residents of Barangay Tignapoloan and its neighboring villages, which included medical and dental services, distribution of livelihood starter kits, sleeping kits, food packs, water jugs, free legal advice, registration of voters, free haircut and massage, vaccination, and livestock and seedlings dispersal.
In his message, Secretary Andanar acknowledged the effort of the LGUs, government agencies, and the security sector in Cagayan de Oro City. He said, “Let us continue to work together to fulfill our shared agenda of inclusive and sustainable peace and development in Northern Mindanao.”
The launch was attended by Usec. Reynaldo B. Mapagu of the Civil, Veterans and Retiree Affairs and chairperson of Task Force Balik-Loob; Usec. Rufino S Lopez Jr., deputy director-general and chief of staff of National Security Council; and Usec. Bernardo C. Florece Jr. of the Department of the Interior and Local Government.
Also present were Lt. Gen. Jose C. Faustino Jr., commander, Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio M. Gacal, commander of the 4ID; and Brig. Gen. Edgardo Y. De Leon, commander of the 403rd Infantry Brigade.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls