Davao City – 2019 Southeast Asian Game sambo gold medalist Mark Edward Striegl will be in town to promote the sport at the IFlex gym today at 1 p.m.
“It’s my first time to be here in Davao to promote the sport,” said the Filipino-American sambo gold medalist who visited Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum together with Philippine Sambo president Atty. Paolo Claudio, vice president Bogs Quitain, secretary general Paolo Tancontian and national coach Ace Larida.
“Filipinos are good in combat sports that’s why we like to promote the sport to the youth as part of our grassroots development program,” added Striegl who bagged the gold medal last year in the men’s 74kg combat category.
“We are inviting coaches, mixed martial arts enthusiasts and fitness instructors to join us as we will brief them on the mechanics of the sport. Strigle will do some sessions for them to witness and learn,” Claudio added.
“Admission is free,” Claudio said.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled