Davao City – 2019 Southeast Asian Game sambo gold medalist Mark Edward Striegl will be in town to promote the sport at the IFlex gym today at 1 p.m.
“It’s my first time to be here in Davao to promote the sport,” said the Filipino-American sambo gold medalist who visited Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum together with Philippine Sambo president Atty. Paolo Claudio, vice president Bogs Quitain, secretary general Paolo Tancontian and national coach Ace Larida.
“Filipinos are good in combat sports that’s why we like to promote the sport to the youth as part of our grassroots development program,” added Striegl who bagged the gold medal last year in the men’s 74kg combat category.
“We are inviting coaches, mixed martial arts enthusiasts and fitness instructors to join us as we will brief them on the mechanics of the sport. Strigle will do some sessions for them to witness and learn,” Claudio added.
“Admission is free,” Claudio said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission