Three alleged drug dealers were arrested by elements of the Toril police in a buy-bust operation conducted in Crossing Bayabas, Toril on Wednesday afternoon.
Maj. Jason Baria, the commander of Toril Police Station, identified the following suspects as Sulliman Elcano, 27, tricycle driver, and a resident of Purok 16, Crossing Bayabas; Ronald Elcano, 23, single, construction worker and a resident of JP Rizal Street, Crossing Bayabas; and James Carl Fernandez, 20, unemployed and a resident of Purok 7, Bangkas Heights.
The buy-bust operation transpired at Purok 16, Crossing Bayabas, Toril, when Elcano gave the police officer a sachet of shabu.
Recovered from their possession were three sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated weight of five grams, with an estimated value of P40,000, and drug paraphernalia, including a pack of cigarette containing alleged dried marijuana leaves.
“We will continue haunting those personalities involve in the proliferation of illegal drugs in my area of responsibility, we will not rest, we will double our efforts to arrest you,” he said.
The arrested suspects are now under the custody of the Toril Police Station, a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act is being prepared against them. (Ophelia Trixia Lou Colarte, Diana Mari Losis, and Edenn Mae Aguanta/UM Interns)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon