Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte signed Executive Order No. 02 creating the Parents-Teachers Safety and Security Committee (PTSSC) to ensure the safety and security of elementary and secondary students.
Signed on Jan. 30 but released only yesterday, the committee will coordinate with the Parents-Teachers Associations (PTAs), Public Safety and Security Commander Center, and Task Force Davao to come up with school policies.
The PTSSC would also establish a social media group for discussions, information dissemination, reporting, and monitoring of issues and activities concerning the safety and security of the schools and surrounding communities.
The committee is composed of a chairperson, school security head, school head or principal, and at least three parent-members and three teacher-members of the PTA.
The EO was created due to the rising vulnerability of schools to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and floods brought by storms, bullying, and sexual harassment.
The creation of the committee, along with other existing policies like the DepEd Child Protection Policy and RA 10121 or Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, is expected to address the existing issues and maintain the safety and security of the students.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success