Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte signed Executive Order No. 02 creating the Parents-Teachers Safety and Security Committee (PTSSC) to ensure the safety and security of elementary and secondary students.
Signed on Jan. 30 but released only yesterday, the committee will coordinate with the Parents-Teachers Associations (PTAs), Public Safety and Security Commander Center, and Task Force Davao to come up with school policies.
The PTSSC would also establish a social media group for discussions, information dissemination, reporting, and monitoring of issues and activities concerning the safety and security of the schools and surrounding communities.
The committee is composed of a chairperson, school security head, school head or principal, and at least three parent-members and three teacher-members of the PTA.
The EO was created due to the rising vulnerability of schools to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and floods brought by storms, bullying, and sexual harassment.
The creation of the committee, along with other existing policies like the DepEd Child Protection Policy and RA 10121 or Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, is expected to address the existing issues and maintain the safety and security of the students.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed