Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte signed Executive Order No. 02 creating the Parents-Teachers Safety and Security Committee (PTSSC) to ensure the safety and security of elementary and secondary students.
Signed on Jan. 30 but released only yesterday, the committee will coordinate with the Parents-Teachers Associations (PTAs), Public Safety and Security Commander Center, and Task Force Davao to come up with school policies.
The PTSSC would also establish a social media group for discussions, information dissemination, reporting, and monitoring of issues and activities concerning the safety and security of the schools and surrounding communities.
The committee is composed of a chairperson, school security head, school head or principal, and at least three parent-members and three teacher-members of the PTA.
The EO was created due to the rising vulnerability of schools to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and floods brought by storms, bullying, and sexual harassment.
The creation of the committee, along with other existing policies like the DepEd Child Protection Policy and RA 10121 or Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, is expected to address the existing issues and maintain the safety and security of the students.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?