Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte signed Executive Order No. 02 creating the Parents-Teachers Safety and Security Committee (PTSSC) to ensure the safety and security of elementary and secondary students.
Signed on Jan. 30 but released only yesterday, the committee will coordinate with the Parents-Teachers Associations (PTAs), Public Safety and Security Commander Center, and Task Force Davao to come up with school policies.
The PTSSC would also establish a social media group for discussions, information dissemination, reporting, and monitoring of issues and activities concerning the safety and security of the schools and surrounding communities.
The committee is composed of a chairperson, school security head, school head or principal, and at least three parent-members and three teacher-members of the PTA.
The EO was created due to the rising vulnerability of schools to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and floods brought by storms, bullying, and sexual harassment.
The creation of the committee, along with other existing policies like the DepEd Child Protection Policy and RA 10121 or Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, is expected to address the existing issues and maintain the safety and security of the students.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021