A driver who has been arrested twice for drug charges was caught in an entrapment operation once again in Purok 24, Sampaguita Street, Ecoland, Barangay 76-A on Monday night.
He was identified as Felix Calbonero Depaor, 30, a resident of the area.
The suspect allegedly sold a sachet of shabu worth P10,000 to a police undercover. Also seized from him was the cellphone used in the transaction.
The first violation of the suspect was dismissed, while he availed of plea bargaining for a lesser penalty on the second violation. He was released from Ma-a City Jail last May 2019.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station.
Meanwhile, two drug suspects were arrested in separate operations in Matina Aplaya on Tuesday.
They were identified as Ariel Laynes Yap, 39, a PUJ dispatcher and a resident of Tinikling Street. Lanzona Village, Matina, and Erick Gloria Bacalso, 44, unemployed, and a resident of Phase 7, Doña Asuncion Village, Barangay Pampanga.
Bacalso was arrested around 3:30 p.m. beside the 7-Eleven store in Matina Aplaya. Yap was caught in the act of selling shabu to an undercover police officer in Bonguyan Beach Resort around 1:05 p.m.
Seized from the two suspects were P5,000 worth of illegal drugs.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, chief of the Talomo Police Station, commended the operating teams for the successful arrests. “We will strongly do our best to pursue our mission to fight criminality and proliferation of illegal drugs to maintain peace and order we have right now in our city,” Lao said.
The three suspects are facing a charge for violation of the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. Ophelia Trixia Lou Colarte/ UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1