A driver who has been arrested twice for drug charges was caught in an entrapment operation once again in Purok 24, Sampaguita Street, Ecoland, Barangay 76-A on Monday night.
He was identified as Felix Calbonero Depaor, 30, a resident of the area.
The suspect allegedly sold a sachet of shabu worth P10,000 to a police undercover. Also seized from him was the cellphone used in the transaction.
The first violation of the suspect was dismissed, while he availed of plea bargaining for a lesser penalty on the second violation. He was released from Ma-a City Jail last May 2019.
The suspect is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station.
Meanwhile, two drug suspects were arrested in separate operations in Matina Aplaya on Tuesday.
They were identified as Ariel Laynes Yap, 39, a PUJ dispatcher and a resident of Tinikling Street. Lanzona Village, Matina, and Erick Gloria Bacalso, 44, unemployed, and a resident of Phase 7, Doña Asuncion Village, Barangay Pampanga.
Bacalso was arrested around 3:30 p.m. beside the 7-Eleven store in Matina Aplaya. Yap was caught in the act of selling shabu to an undercover police officer in Bonguyan Beach Resort around 1:05 p.m.
Seized from the two suspects were P5,000 worth of illegal drugs.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, chief of the Talomo Police Station, commended the operating teams for the successful arrests. “We will strongly do our best to pursue our mission to fight criminality and proliferation of illegal drugs to maintain peace and order we have right now in our city,” Lao said.
The three suspects are facing a charge for violation of the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. Ophelia Trixia Lou Colarte/ UM Intern
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success