Mayor Sara Z. Duterte and Chinese Consul General Li Lin met yesterday morning to discuss trade and investments between the city and China.
In a press statement released by the City Information Office, the Chinese official informed the mayor that Li has been “working on encouraging Local Chinese Food Associations in China to hold their MICE (Meetings, Incentives Conventions and Exhibition) events in Davao City.”
The Chinese official also told the mayor that a Chinese sports brand and a food manufacturing company are studying the feasibility of expanding their businesses in the city.
“Mayor Sara also suggested that raw materials needed by various Chinese manufacturing companies may be supplied by farmers in Paquibato District, through DC Peace 911,” the statement added.
The mayor also told the Chinese official that the bus donated by Nanning, the Chinese city that is the city’s sister city, is being used as means of transporting public school teachers to far-flung barangays of Marilog District, while the other will be used by the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center.
The two countries are set to mark their 45th year of diplomatic ties.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?