Mayor Sara Z. Duterte and Chinese Consul General Li Lin met yesterday morning to discuss trade and investments between the city and China.
In a press statement released by the City Information Office, the Chinese official informed the mayor that Li has been “working on encouraging Local Chinese Food Associations in China to hold their MICE (Meetings, Incentives Conventions and Exhibition) events in Davao City.”
The Chinese official also told the mayor that a Chinese sports brand and a food manufacturing company are studying the feasibility of expanding their businesses in the city.
“Mayor Sara also suggested that raw materials needed by various Chinese manufacturing companies may be supplied by farmers in Paquibato District, through DC Peace 911,” the statement added.
The mayor also told the Chinese official that the bus donated by Nanning, the Chinese city that is the city’s sister city, is being used as means of transporting public school teachers to far-flung barangays of Marilog District, while the other will be used by the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center.
The two countries are set to mark their 45th year of diplomatic ties.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month