Mayor Sara Z. Duterte and Chinese Consul General Li Lin met yesterday morning to discuss trade and investments between the city and China.
In a press statement released by the City Information Office, the Chinese official informed the mayor that Li has been “working on encouraging Local Chinese Food Associations in China to hold their MICE (Meetings, Incentives Conventions and Exhibition) events in Davao City.”
The Chinese official also told the mayor that a Chinese sports brand and a food manufacturing company are studying the feasibility of expanding their businesses in the city.
“Mayor Sara also suggested that raw materials needed by various Chinese manufacturing companies may be supplied by farmers in Paquibato District, through DC Peace 911,” the statement added.
The mayor also told the Chinese official that the bus donated by Nanning, the Chinese city that is the city’s sister city, is being used as means of transporting public school teachers to far-flung barangays of Marilog District, while the other will be used by the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center.
The two countries are set to mark their 45th year of diplomatic ties.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled