Mayor Sara Z. Duterte and Chinese Consul General Li Lin met yesterday morning to discuss trade and investments between the city and China.
In a press statement released by the City Information Office, the Chinese official informed the mayor that Li has been “working on encouraging Local Chinese Food Associations in China to hold their MICE (Meetings, Incentives Conventions and Exhibition) events in Davao City.”
The Chinese official also told the mayor that a Chinese sports brand and a food manufacturing company are studying the feasibility of expanding their businesses in the city.
“Mayor Sara also suggested that raw materials needed by various Chinese manufacturing companies may be supplied by farmers in Paquibato District, through DC Peace 911,” the statement added.
The mayor also told the Chinese official that the bus donated by Nanning, the Chinese city that is the city’s sister city, is being used as means of transporting public school teachers to far-flung barangays of Marilog District, while the other will be used by the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center.
The two countries are set to mark their 45th year of diplomatic ties.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories