Mayor Sara Z. Duterte and Chinese Consul General Li Lin met yesterday morning to discuss trade and investments between the city and China.
In a press statement released by the City Information Office, the Chinese official informed the mayor that Li has been “working on encouraging Local Chinese Food Associations in China to hold their MICE (Meetings, Incentives Conventions and Exhibition) events in Davao City.”
The Chinese official also told the mayor that a Chinese sports brand and a food manufacturing company are studying the feasibility of expanding their businesses in the city.
“Mayor Sara also suggested that raw materials needed by various Chinese manufacturing companies may be supplied by farmers in Paquibato District, through DC Peace 911,” the statement added.
The mayor also told the Chinese official that the bus donated by Nanning, the Chinese city that is the city’s sister city, is being used as means of transporting public school teachers to far-flung barangays of Marilog District, while the other will be used by the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center.
The two countries are set to mark their 45th year of diplomatic ties.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1