The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) yesterday released P46.37 million fire insurance claim to the Department of Health.
The claim is in relation to the Sept. 23, 2016 fire that damaged part of DOH compound’s structures along J.P. Laurel Avenue.
DOH XI Regional Director Annabelle Yumang received the amount in check from GSIS Senior Vice President for Mindanao Atty. Jason Teng and GSIS Vice President for Mindanao Vilma Fuentes during the flag ceremony.
Fuentes said GSIS is ready to issue insurance to government properties of any interests or even calamity emergencies.
“These include fire, earthquakes, lightning, tsunami or other acts of nature, it is covered,” Fuentes explained.
She said that all government properties, as long as those have insured interest, are supposedly covered by GSIS under the Republic Act No. 656, which is the Property Insurance Law.
“Vehicles, buildings or equipment of the government should be covered,” Fuentes said.
The 2016 DOH XI compound fire damaged an approximate P30 million worth of medicine supplies and laboratory testing apparatus due to an overheated air conditioning unit, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) report. (Edenn Mae Aguanta and Ophelia Trixia Lou Colarte)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon