A construction mason and his live-in partner were arrested by elements of the Toril Police Station in a buy-bust operation in Purok 3, Balite Street, Talomo Proper on Sunday.
The suspects were identified as Emanuel Villanueva Badaro, 40, a resident of Purok Gumamela, Bingcungan, Tagum City and Chica Mendoza, 33, and a resident of Sitio Punong, Lizada, Toril.
Maj. Jason L. Baria, the commander of Toril Police Station, said police recovered two sachets of alleged shabu with a total estimated value of P2,000, as well as a cellphone, from their possession.
Baria said the buy-bust was conducted at Talomo area on the insistence of the suspect.
“The suspects are involved in selling illegal drugs in Toril area,” he said.” They are also included in our watchlist,” he added.
The station commander commended his operating team for the successful buy-bust operations in the past few days.
“Continue to work hard. If we could not eliminate the prevalence of illegal drugs, at least we can reduce it,” he said.
The arrested suspects are now under the custody of the Toril Police Station for filing of a case in violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art