Allowing a private company to operate the Davao International Airport will boost its growth, said an official of the company that operates the Mactan-Cebu International Airport.
Aines T. Librodo, head of Airline Marketing and Tourism Development of GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC), cited the importance of having a private entity to manage the airport based on the experience of her company which manages the Cebu airport.
“The government has too much things on its plate and it has different priorities,” said Liboro, who was in the city to hold a promotion campaign for the Cebu airport, adding that it would beneficial to the facility if a private entity is allowed to manage the airport.
Last year, the government approved the establishment of the Davao International Airport Authority, a body that will manage the airport after groups like the local business chamber, the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCCI) and other tourism industry stakeholders.
Liboro said the government must immediately come up with the implementing rules and regulations so that the private entity can immediately start its task as private entities usually anticipate the needed steps to ensure that the facilities that they operate are competitive in the global markets.
She added that while government entities do not focus much on the promotional activities, private entities, on the other hand, take into account these activities as they campaign to enhance the growth of the facilities.
In an earlier interview, Arturo M. Milan, DCCCI former president, said the establishment of a body to run the airport will result in better management and its faster development.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?