To market local products and attain “a more inclusive and prosperous Philippines with employment and income opportunities for all,” the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has opened a one-stop shop in Tagum, Davao del Norte.
Launched Thursday in Robinsons Mall Tagum, the new One-Town One-Product (OTOP) Hub is in cooperation with the Association of Micro and Small Scale Entrepreneurs of Davao del Norte (AMASSED).
Different local products by AMASSED such as delicacies, clothes, native handicrafts, and weaved textiles are displayed in the store. The products are made by its 29 members comprised of local farmers and members of the Lumad community from Davao region who are trained by DTI.
AMASSED Chair Argus Craig Gomez said that it is hard for local products to level-up in the market and he is hopeful that through this, local products would be given more recognition.
“Back then, local products are only present in pasalubong centers or exported, now they are consolidated in one place and locals can patronize these products as well,” DTI Davao del Norte Business Development Division Chief Rosemarie Deypalubos said.
DTI Davao del Norte Provincial Director Romeo Castañaga said that back then, local farmers only depend on trade fairs and they are excited because OTOP Hub will give them a marketing platform to sell their products all year long.
“The expected outcome of the hub is to provide a marketing arm for our MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) a continuous (store outlet). Since back then, they only depend on trade fairs. With this, a continuous production is expected and they can plan for the whole year,” he said.
Castañaga said they are planning to have another store in Panabo City, Davao del Norte. But unlike the OTOP Hub where different products from all over the region is showcased, the new store in Panabo would be a specialty store for specific products such as cacao.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success