After one month, the number of police officers who are still above the normal body mass index (BMI) has gone down to 51% from the previous 53%, the Police Regional Office XI said.
“But I’d like to clarify that in the 51%, they had complied with the requirements needed,” Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of the PRO XI, said. “They should only lose the weight of two kilos.”
The PRO XI has given an allowance of two kilos above the normal BMI. The police officers are still required to lose the extra pounds, however, they get a reprieve rather than an admonition.
“Also, out of the 53% only 12% are considered as unacceptable weight, which means obese,” she added.
On Tuesday, the PRO XI conducted fun run as part of its goal to promote normal BMI in the force.
“We have also other physical activities like Zumba (and) sports activities so that the policemen can pass the normal body mass index, ” Gultiano said.
Meanwhile, Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said that only 2.47 percent of the personnel were not able to comply with the normal body mass index.
“From the month of January, there is a significant increase of those who complied, ” Aguilar said.
She said they will continue to require police officers to supply their average weight. They want personnel to make the effort to lose the extra pounds.
“So that would mean, there is a significant increase in terms of complying with the weight loss, “she added.
“But we are also considering those personnel with health issues and we endorse them to the Regional Health Service,” she further said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art