A rebel, said to have multiple criminal charges, was arrested in Mabini, Davao de Oro on Sunday.
2nd Lt. Kim Carlos, the civil-military operation officer of the 71st Infantry Battalion, identified the suspect as Gary Dumaungan alias Sales, 48, a member of the Milisya ng Bayan under Guerilla Front 2 (GF2) of the New People’s Army (NPA).
Carlos said Dumaungan is facing charges for murder, illegal possession of firearm and illegal possession of explosive, all pending before the Regional Trial Court in Davao de Oro.
The team led by Lt. Col. Sonny Gonzales, the 71st IB commander, launched an intensified focused military operation in the hinterlands of Sitio Mascareg in Anitapan that led to the apprehension of the suspect.
Dumaungan did not resisted arrest.
Operatives seized from position the possession of the suspect a .45 caliber pistol, bearing serial number 614423 with two magazines and 10 live bullets.
Dumaungan was turned over to the Laak Municipal Station in Davao de Oro.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls