A rebel, said to have multiple criminal charges, was arrested in Mabini, Davao de Oro on Sunday.
2nd Lt. Kim Carlos, the civil-military operation officer of the 71st Infantry Battalion, identified the suspect as Gary Dumaungan alias Sales, 48, a member of the Milisya ng Bayan under Guerilla Front 2 (GF2) of the New People’s Army (NPA).
Carlos said Dumaungan is facing charges for murder, illegal possession of firearm and illegal possession of explosive, all pending before the Regional Trial Court in Davao de Oro.
The team led by Lt. Col. Sonny Gonzales, the 71st IB commander, launched an intensified focused military operation in the hinterlands of Sitio Mascareg in Anitapan that led to the apprehension of the suspect.
Dumaungan did not resisted arrest.
Operatives seized from position the possession of the suspect a .45 caliber pistol, bearing serial number 614423 with two magazines and 10 live bullets.
Dumaungan was turned over to the Laak Municipal Station in Davao de Oro.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled