The Davao Police Regional Office is still conducting further case buildup for the filing of a case against organizers and leaders of UCCP Haran.
Speaking on Wednesday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said they are gathering testimonies and evidence to bolster their case “against those responsible.”
Meanwhile, Gultiano said that the commotion in Haran last Jan. 25 was the result of the attempt of Manabos to rescue their relatives inside.
“They prevented them to go their relatives inside Haran. Only leaders faced the tribal leaders,” she said, adding that they were able to rescue five family members.
“That is why the IPs inside Haran were afraid because they were told that they members of the Alamara, but it’s not. They are Lumad leaders,” she added.
Meanwhile, she said the PRO XI is also supporting the call of Davao del Norte Governor Edwin Jubahib to close down Haran and file a case against its leaders.
“Based on our investigation, the leaders threaten the Lumads inside that if ever they will return to their community they will be killed by the Alamara and military and police,” she further said.
Capt. Robert Escalona, the officer-in-charge of the 10th Infantry Division, also said that organizers and leaders inside Haran are violating the IPHRA law because they are depriving the IPs of their rights and freedom.
“Besides, Haran is not even recognized as a legitimate evacuation center,” Escalona said.
Also, Gultiano revealed that they received information that Haran organizers wrote a letter informing Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte that they are no longer interested to talk with Jubahib.
“If they are really sincerely with the IP’s condition, then they should allow them to go out of the compound, ” she added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market