The city government extended cash aid worth P2.3 million to the victims of the fire incident in Barayco, Barangay 5-A.
Through the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO), the city government also provided food and non-food assistance to the displaced families since Jan. 15.
Each of the owners of the totally damaged houses was also given P10,000 as recovery support and P5,000 for partially damaged house owners. Renters also received P5,000 each, P3,000 for each sharer, and P2,000 for each boarder.
Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte said the city government will also help residents in rebuilding their homes but needs the cooperation from the families.
“We will help reconstruct your houses, but let us be organized because it is difficult to respond to an incident if there is no road access. So, I am asking you to coordinate with your barangay officials before rebuilding your houses so that everything will be in order,” he said during his visit to the displaced families temporarily evacuating at the gymnasium in Purok 2, Barayco, Barangay 5-A.
Duterte has also assured the families that the city government will always look after their welfare.
Barangay 5-A Chieftain Edgar Ibuyan Jr. said the place will be constructed with hollow blocks for better alignment, receiving a positive response from the families.
In a previous report, CSSDO district head Minda Salvano said that help from various sectors and people have been flooding their district to help displaced families. She said that the residents are already coping and trying to reconstruct their homes.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange