The Department of Health, in its latest report (Jan 29, 12pm) exhorted the public to be calm but vigilant in the midst of all the information, misinformation and disinformation going around thick and fast on the novel coronavirus (2019nCov). There is reason to be very cautious as scientists are racing to find a cure for the virus that has already infected thousands and spreading fast across the globe.
The DOH has dedicated an online site to track nCov infection and we urge everyone to refer to this to check the veracity of the information they are receiving on SMS or in their social media accounts. Helping spread false information does not help the situation and only serve to cause mass hysteria. The site is www.doh.gov.ph/2019-nCov2.
The latest report as of noon yesterday, showed 23 persons under investigation and still no confirmed case of the virus. There are 17 cases in NCR; 1 in Eastern Visayas; 1 in Western Visayas; 2 in Central Visayas; 1 in Mimaropa and 1 in Davao City. Screening results are still pending in Melbourne, Australia and at the DoH Research Institute for Tropical Medicine.
The health department has released a health advisory as preventive measures: The public is adviced to remain calm but vigilant; Always practice hand hygiene, observe proper cough etiquette – maintain distance and cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the crook of your elbow; Avoid close contact with people manifesting flu-like symptoms; Avoid contact with wild and farm animals; cook food properly, and; adopt healthy lifestyles to mount against immunity.
We should be cautious, be very cautious.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange