An alleged robber was arrested for holding up a taxi driver at knifepoint near SM City Davao around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26.
Lt. Col. Roland Lao, station commander of the Talomo Police Station, identified the suspect as Kairodin Abdulracman Pandi alias Okak, 19, unemployed, and a transient resident of San Rafael, Barangay Ma-a.
The victim, meanwhile, was Droblo L. Dagoro, 28, a resident of Matina Crossing and a driver of Krizia Taxi.
Pandi reportedly pressed a knife at the victim’s neck before asking him to turn over his earnings. But Dagoro parried the knife and held down the suspect’s hand. He also drove quick toward Dona Luisa in Matina where he knew police officers were on patrol.
They arrested the suspect.
“The deployment of patrollers on the streets boosts the efforts against robbery and incidents of carnapping,” Lao said. “Nevertheless, rest assured that your police will continue to make headway to curb criminal activities in the area.”
The suspect is now under the custody of the Talomo Police Station. (By Gio Tanudtanud and Yves Laurene Adrales/UM Interns)
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories