The P16 million operations building of the Tactical Operations Wing-Eastern Mindanao will help provide an effective aerodrome service for military flight operations.
Maj. Gen. Allen Paredes, commanding general of the Philippine Air Force led the groundbreaking ceremony of the TOW EastMin base operations building, together with Col. Dennis Estrella, Wing Commander, TOW EastMin, held at its headquarters last Saturday.
The ceremony was also attended by representatives from the Department of Public Works and Highways. The project, with a budget of P16,714,000, is under the “DND-DPWH Tikas Convergence Program.”
“The construction of this facility will greatly enhance the capability of this unit to provide a convenient, efficient and effective base aerodrome services for military flight operations,” Paredes said.
Upon activation of the Tactical Operations Wing Eastern Mindanao on Dec. 8, 2017, the assistant chief of air staff for plans and programs proposed a master development plan for the Base Operations Facility. It is in line with the modernization plan and the fulfillment of the command’s initiatives under the PAF Flight Plan 2028.
The base facility’s future creation will support the capability of the PAF in providing air support while sustaining air mobility capability or the deployment and redeployment of personnel, materiel or forces.
It is also necessary since the Wing recently acquired the Security Screening Equipment (SSE) worth P63 million donated by the DOTr-OTS, which requires a covered and air-conditioned facility to maintain its maximum performance and prolong its durability.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art