The city is expecting a bigger convention in September, a city government official said.
At the sidelines of the flag raising ceremony on Monday, City Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) head Generose Tecson told reporters that a bigger and better Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) convention will take place in September.
“We are looking forward to showcase what Davao has to offer with our MICE Con this year. This year’s MICE Con’s battlecry is that we can do it again better,” she said, adding that the city already hosted MICE Con for the first time in March 2013.
In October 2019, the city won the bid to once again host the MICE Con this year. Expected date will be on September 28 at the SMX Convention Center inside the SM Lanang Premier.
Tecson said organizers are instituting changes in the preparation in anticipation of a bigger convention.
“We have more accommodations right now. We have more convention facilities,” she said.
The MICE Con, Tecson said, will also be a gateway to showcase the region’s resources and wonderful attractions. “What we want to show them is the difference of Davao as a destination compared to other places. Number one, we have the culture here, it is a potpourri of different culture which is absent in other places, at the same time, is it is the creativity of Davaoeños to make things happen,” she said.
“We also want to encourage people to go around the region and do their pre and post tours here in the region, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao de Oro and the Davao Oriental,” she added.
The convention also aims to encourage big conventions in the city and the entire region to boost their respective tourism industries.
However, Tecson admitted that the program has not yet been finalized as the organizers have to consider other key issues to ensure that everything is considered.
The city government has also prepared bigger incentives for people who will be visiting the city during the MICE Con. Industry stakeholders, such as accommodation and food businesses, have also prepared their own incentives for the visitors, she added.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid