Last January 18, Atty. Ritzel Rabor-Polinar bared herself anew to fellow artists and contemporaries, enthusiasts, and colleagues in her most recent art exhibit in Marco Polo Hotel Davao.
Dubbed ‘A Celebration of Ritzel’s 7-year Gallery of Details’, the opening of the exhibit happened on Ritzel’s birthday. Working behind the scene is Ritzel’s ever supportive husband Atty. Glen Polinar. The exhibit setup was designed with the kind help of art enthusiast Angely Chi.
During the exhibit, Ritzel also launched her very own hardbound coffee table book, showcasing her works in the last seven years. Inside are photos of her paintings in full color with quotes from sages and writers; and also endearing notes from Ritzel.
In a recent chat, Ritzel confesses her inclination to find the beauty in the world. “I would look at the wires above the lanes of downtown streets and look at them with the light. Even the flowers and the people, I always see them differently. I wish for the people to share my view of the world,” Ritzel said.
She also admits that her preoccupations in life as a wife, a mother, and a lawyer had made her think that the artist in her is gone for good. “Fortunately, that is not the case. In fact she reappears every now and then to nourish the longing of my soul,” she said. Ritzel’s mediums in her showcased works are her favorite watercolor and acrylic.
With all her soulful works, piano and violin music on the side, and the heaps of laughter among friends and family, A Celebration of Ritzel’s 7-year Gallery of Details was indeed a colorful way to a birthday fete! Photo: Shem Torre Longakit
Joan Mae Soco-Bantayan is a teacher at Tuburan Institute, Inc. She is also a wife and a mother of two. For questions and comments, feel free to drop her an e-mail at email@example.com or visit her Facebook page, Joan Mae Soco.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success