An NPA organizer yielded war materiel after she was captured in Barangay Anibongan, Maco in Davao de Oro on Saturday.
1Lt Kim Carlos, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 71st Infantry Battalion, identified her as Edna Remegio Tan, 48.
Carlos said soldiers of the 71st Infantry Battalion and personnel of the Maco police responded to the information from a concerned citizen about five NPA rebels being sighted in Purok 5, Barangay Anibongan, Maco, Davao de Oro.
Accordingly, the rebels fired at the approaching soldiers, prompting them to retaliate. The communist guerrillas then escaped to different directions but Tan was cornered.
Authorities seized one .38 caliber from her possession with two bullets, one backpack with one improvised explosive device, subversive documents, and personal belongings.
Tan, alias Madame, was a political instructor of the Sub-section Committee Cluster C4 of Guerilla Front 2 (WGF 2) of the New People’s Army (NPA). She was responsible for organizing 10 barangays in Maco, Davao de Oro.
Lt. Col. Sonny E. Gonzales, commanding officer of 71th IB, thanked the residents for providing them with timely information.
“The EO 70 or whole of nation approach where all government agencies, local government units, and private entities or individuals are involved in ending the local armed conflict is indeed effective,” Gonzales said.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course