An improvised explosive device (IED) was recovered by authorities in Sitio Latel, Kiblawan, Davao del Sur last Friday.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said the Kiblawan Municipal Police Station received a report regarding a suspected bomb found in Sitio Latel, Brgy. Abnate.
The police station coordinated with the Provincial Explosives Ordnance team and proceeded to the area to verify the information. They found an IED partially buried beside the road, with a protruding wire connected to it.
They believed that it was planted there by the New People’s Army in preparation for an ambush.
“You can never bring back life after death. So, this is just a simple quotation that would remind us how important life is,” Capt. Robert James Carumba, chief of police of Kiblawan Municipal Police Station, said.
“As PNP personnel, we should be vigilant since the lawless armed group is making a move, perhaps to destroy us. But we are glad that we built a strong relationship with the community and was able to utilize our informants,” Carumba said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy