International Arbiter/ FT James Infiesto stole the limelight by winning the 3rd Chooks to Go Executive Chess competition held over the weekend at the Ayala Mall in Manila.
The 51 year-old Infiesto who also coaches the Paralympics National Chess team scored six points to win this year’s title leaving past closest rivals AGM Robert Arellano and Arjo Loanzon at second and third places, respectively in the scheduled seven-round Swiss System format.
Arellano and Loanzon wound-up with 5.5 points apiece while Joselito Cada and Gary Abano completed the top five list.
“I’m so much elated with the victory,” Infiesto said in a phone interview.
Sharing the limelight are IM Efren Bagamasbad (Top Senior), Cyrus Donasco (Top 2000 and below), Deoferio Vehemente Jr. (Top 1900 and below), Novo Tuason (Top 1800 and below) and Rida Jane Young (Top Lady Performer).
Special designed trophies and cash prizes were given to the winners.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach