International Arbiter/ FT James Infiesto stole the limelight by winning the 3rd Chooks to Go Executive Chess competition held over the weekend at the Ayala Mall in Manila.
The 51 year-old Infiesto who also coaches the Paralympics National Chess team scored six points to win this year’s title leaving past closest rivals AGM Robert Arellano and Arjo Loanzon at second and third places, respectively in the scheduled seven-round Swiss System format.
Arellano and Loanzon wound-up with 5.5 points apiece while Joselito Cada and Gary Abano completed the top five list.
“I’m so much elated with the victory,” Infiesto said in a phone interview.
Sharing the limelight are IM Efren Bagamasbad (Top Senior), Cyrus Donasco (Top 2000 and below), Deoferio Vehemente Jr. (Top 1900 and below), Novo Tuason (Top 1800 and below) and Rida Jane Young (Top Lady Performer).
Special designed trophies and cash prizes were given to the winners.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange