The city government allocated P1.4 billion for the construction of the Ma-a flyover.
Department of Public Works and Highways XI (DPWH XI) spokesperson Dean Ortiz said in an interview that the initial draft for the Ma-a flyover will stretch from the Davao City Water District (DCWD) area down to the Ateneo de Davao High School in Matina.
But the location is not yet final.
“So this year, we have the Ma-a flyover as our next target to be implemented,” he said, adding that this would decongest the Ma-a area.
For now, the area is experiencing moderate traffic jam as “the previously burned mall in that area is not yet developed.” “But we can anticipate the volume of the traffic, especially that there are big schools in the area,” he added.
He also said that the said flyover is one of the pipelined projects of the agency under the Build, Build, Build program of the Duterte administration.
The bidding for the flyover will start next month.
Ortiz also said that the flyover needs to be prioritized as the traffic problem in the city already caused major inconvenience to commuters. But the road-widening of the MacArthur Highway will first take place in preparation for the flyover.
The road-widening will start this year. Initial phase will begin with the relocation of power lines and water pipe utilities. The DPWH XI aims to finish the project within two to three years.
“We are looking for two to three years to finish the entire project because of the need to urgently implement the flyover so that we can implement it effectively and efficiently,” he said.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence