A policewoman was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted in her house in Loise Street, Victors Valley, Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District around 10 a.m. yesterday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspect as Police Senior Master Sergeant Shiela Laturgo Bande, 43, married, who is assigned at the national headquarters of the Philippine Bomb Data Center (PBDC) in Manila.
Operatives seized three sachets of shabu, weighting two grams worth around P20,000, from Bande
Driz said Bande’s name cropped up in a drug operation where they collared five persons, including a minor, in North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao District on Thursday.
“We conducted the follow-up operation after we received information following Thursday’s operation,” Driz said. Those arrested in the Agdao operation pointed Bande as “one of the sources who was delivering drugs in Barangay Lapu-Lapu in Agdao.”
A team – composed of the CIDG- Davao City Field Unit led by Driz, the Sasa Police Station led by Maj Reuben Libera, the Mindanao Area Police Intelligence Office (MAPIO) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) 11 – was then formed to conduct the buy-bust operation.
The arrested police officer is now detained at the Sasa Police Station as authorities prepare drug charges.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories