A policewoman was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted in her house in Loise Street, Victors Valley, Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District around 10 a.m. yesterday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspect as Police Senior Master Sergeant Shiela Laturgo Bande, 43, married, who is assigned at the national headquarters of the Philippine Bomb Data Center (PBDC) in Manila.
Operatives seized three sachets of shabu, weighting two grams worth around P20,000, from Bande
Driz said Bande’s name cropped up in a drug operation where they collared five persons, including a minor, in North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao District on Thursday.
“We conducted the follow-up operation after we received information following Thursday’s operation,” Driz said. Those arrested in the Agdao operation pointed Bande as “one of the sources who was delivering drugs in Barangay Lapu-Lapu in Agdao.”
A team – composed of the CIDG- Davao City Field Unit led by Driz, the Sasa Police Station led by Maj Reuben Libera, the Mindanao Area Police Intelligence Office (MAPIO) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) 11 – was then formed to conduct the buy-bust operation.
The arrested police officer is now detained at the Sasa Police Station as authorities prepare drug charges.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online