Authorities collared 17 persons with pending criminal cases during the conduct of Oplan Kalinaw in the different areas of the city on Thursday.
The identities of the arrested accused were not released.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said charges included murder, frustrated murder, frustrated homicide, robbery, theft, detention, and dangerous drugs.
Other cases included slight physical injury, grave slander, perjury, gambling and SSS laws.
Aguilar said the simultaneous Oplan Kalinaw also resulted in the identity check and profiling of 1,121 residents. Including 20 persons without valid identification cards.
They conducted the operation in Purok Sto. Niño, Barangay 31-D (Sta. Ana Police); Puroks 6 and 7, Mapa Street, Brgy 12-B (San Pedro Police); San Isidro Labrador, Dumalag 1, Brgy Matina Aplaya (Talomo Police); Macabebe Street, Phase 8, Brgy. Pampanga (Sasa Police); Purok 32, Mountain View, Brgy Cabantian (Buhangin Police); Purok 7, Buhisan, Tibungco (Bunawan Police); Sitio San Pablo, Brgy Fatima (Paquibato Police); Sitio Sto. Niño, Brgy Binugao (Toril Police); Purok 7, Brgy Bago Oshiro (Tugbok Police); Campo 2, Talomo River (Calinan Police); Purok 7B, Brgy Gumalang (Baguio Police); and Sitio Luang, Brgy Salaysay (Marilog Police).
The DCPO led operation with the support of the Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard, Regional Mobile Unit, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency 11, Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group 11, Regional Intelligence unit, 44th Special Action Company, Rehabilitation Centers for Drug Dependents (RCDD) and City Health Office.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment