A female minor was rescued and four of his companions were arrested by authorities in a buy-bust operation in North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao District at 5:30 a.m. yesterday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group- Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspects as Christian Alapag, Harris Bendula, Jauvany Agravante, and Paul John Tenio Nuez.
The 17-year-old was only identified as alias Jane.
Confiscated from their possession were one .45 caliber pistol with three bullets, a sachet containing shabu, and P1,000 buy-bust money.
They were allegedly members of the Sabani criminal gang group, engaged in gunrunning and peddling of illegal drugs in Davao City and neighboring provinces.
The operation was jointly conducted by the CIDG XI, Sasa Police Station, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
The suspects are detained in the Sasa Police Station, while they face a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Drugs Act of 2002 and RA 10591 or the Firearms and Ammunition Law.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange