A female minor was rescued and four of his companions were arrested by authorities in a buy-bust operation in North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao District at 5:30 a.m. yesterday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group- Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the suspects as Christian Alapag, Harris Bendula, Jauvany Agravante, and Paul John Tenio Nuez.
The 17-year-old was only identified as alias Jane.
Confiscated from their possession were one .45 caliber pistol with three bullets, a sachet containing shabu, and P1,000 buy-bust money.
They were allegedly members of the Sabani criminal gang group, engaged in gunrunning and peddling of illegal drugs in Davao City and neighboring provinces.
The operation was jointly conducted by the CIDG XI, Sasa Police Station, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
The suspects are detained in the Sasa Police Station, while they face a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Drugs Act of 2002 and RA 10591 or the Firearms and Ammunition Law.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021