Social Security System (SSS) members can avail of the unemployment benefits offered by the agency. Beneficiaries can receive 50% of their salary bracket for two months.
In accordance with RA 11199 or the Social Security Act of 2018, members who haven’t reached 60 years of age and paid at least 36 months of contribution, with 12 months within the 18-month period before the separation from their employment, can benefit from the program.
The benefits shall be given in monetary form. The said program already took effect last March 5, 2019.
Greta Fe Quayle, SSS-Davao public information officer, said during the Habi at Kape in Abreeza yesterday that unemployment benefits cover involuntary separation such as illegal termination, destruction of their workplace due to disasters, or forced resignation.
Interested applicants must get certification first from Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to prove that they were involuntarily separated from their workplace before they can get their unemployment benefits.
Employees under Endo contractualization are not included in the said program, since there is an agreement between the employer and employee that their service will end at a specific period.
On the other hand, calamity victims from the recent earthquake can avail of the calamity loan program, which is also being offered by SSS. Davao City residents are excluded from the assistance.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories