A barangay tanod was arrested by responding officers following the complaint of grave threat lodged against him in Hilltop in Ma-a on Monday evening.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, identified him as Marvin Cubay Acosta, 40, married, a resident of Pantinople Village, Barangay Ma-a.
The complainants were identified as Ramil Savedra Patatag, 28, construction worker, and Crisanto Alforque, 31, with live-in partner, laborer. Both are residents of Purok 1-A Hilltop, Barangay Langub,
Initial investigation showed that the victims were having a drinking session at Hilltop when the suspect arrived. Allegedly, he was under the influence of alcohol at that time and threatened to kill them, which resulted in a commotion.
The suspect allegedly drew his gun from his waist and pointed it at the victims. They called the police right away.
Elements of the Talomo Police Station responded to the scene and arrested the suspect. Recovered from him were one revolver with a cylinder machined to accommodate .45 caliber ammunition. He failed to present documents for the gun.
“As of this posting, cases of grave threat and violations of RA 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act were already filed against the suspect,” Lao said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy