A barangay tanod was arrested by responding officers following the complaint of grave threat lodged against him in Hilltop in Ma-a on Monday evening.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, identified him as Marvin Cubay Acosta, 40, married, a resident of Pantinople Village, Barangay Ma-a.
The complainants were identified as Ramil Savedra Patatag, 28, construction worker, and Crisanto Alforque, 31, with live-in partner, laborer. Both are residents of Purok 1-A Hilltop, Barangay Langub,
Initial investigation showed that the victims were having a drinking session at Hilltop when the suspect arrived. Allegedly, he was under the influence of alcohol at that time and threatened to kill them, which resulted in a commotion.
The suspect allegedly drew his gun from his waist and pointed it at the victims. They called the police right away.
Elements of the Talomo Police Station responded to the scene and arrested the suspect. Recovered from him were one revolver with a cylinder machined to accommodate .45 caliber ammunition. He failed to present documents for the gun.
“As of this posting, cases of grave threat and violations of RA 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act were already filed against the suspect,” Lao said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories