An alleged member of a criminal group who had an arrest warrant for murder was killed when he reportedly resisted arrest in Km. 10, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District at 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the Chief of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the slain suspect as Alkhalid Jamdani, resident of Purok 2, Km. 11, Muslim Village.
The suspect reportedly drew his .38 revolver and shot at the arresting officer. He died on the spot when the authorities retaliated.
“The suspect was number 4 most wanted person and number 2 in the drugs watchlist of the Sasa Police Station,” she said.
He had a warrant for arrest for murder (CC# R-DVO-18-04577-CR) issued by Judge Jill Rose Jaugan-Lo of the Regional Trial Court Branch 14 Davao City, dated July 23, 2019
Driz also said the suspect was a member of the Sabani criminal gang group, involved in illegal drugs and gunrunning, operating in Davao City and neighboring provinces within Region XI.
Aside from the revolver and bullets, police also found six sachets of shabu from the possession of the suspect.
The recovered drugs had an estimated weight of five grams, with street value of P30,000
Meanwhile, the body of the suspect was brought to Rivera Funeral Homes for proper disposition.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus