An alleged member of a criminal group who had an arrest warrant for murder was killed when he reportedly resisted arrest in Km. 10, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District at 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the Chief of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the slain suspect as Alkhalid Jamdani, resident of Purok 2, Km. 11, Muslim Village.
The suspect reportedly drew his .38 revolver and shot at the arresting officer. He died on the spot when the authorities retaliated.
“The suspect was number 4 most wanted person and number 2 in the drugs watchlist of the Sasa Police Station,” she said.
He had a warrant for arrest for murder (CC# R-DVO-18-04577-CR) issued by Judge Jill Rose Jaugan-Lo of the Regional Trial Court Branch 14 Davao City, dated July 23, 2019
Driz also said the suspect was a member of the Sabani criminal gang group, involved in illegal drugs and gunrunning, operating in Davao City and neighboring provinces within Region XI.
Aside from the revolver and bullets, police also found six sachets of shabu from the possession of the suspect.
The recovered drugs had an estimated weight of five grams, with street value of P30,000
Meanwhile, the body of the suspect was brought to Rivera Funeral Homes for proper disposition.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021