An alleged member of a criminal group who had an arrest warrant for murder was killed when he reportedly resisted arrest in Km. 10, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District at 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the Chief of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), identified the slain suspect as Alkhalid Jamdani, resident of Purok 2, Km. 11, Muslim Village.
The suspect reportedly drew his .38 revolver and shot at the arresting officer. He died on the spot when the authorities retaliated.
“The suspect was number 4 most wanted person and number 2 in the drugs watchlist of the Sasa Police Station,” she said.
He had a warrant for arrest for murder (CC# R-DVO-18-04577-CR) issued by Judge Jill Rose Jaugan-Lo of the Regional Trial Court Branch 14 Davao City, dated July 23, 2019
Driz also said the suspect was a member of the Sabani criminal gang group, involved in illegal drugs and gunrunning, operating in Davao City and neighboring provinces within Region XI.
Aside from the revolver and bullets, police also found six sachets of shabu from the possession of the suspect.
The recovered drugs had an estimated weight of five grams, with street value of P30,000
Meanwhile, the body of the suspect was brought to Rivera Funeral Homes for proper disposition.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success