The city government will donate P11.3 million as financial aid to the victims of various calamities.
The City Council approved yesterday assistance to calamity-stricken area declared as under the state of calamity.
The funds will help victims of typhoon Ursula, the Davao del Sur earthquake, and the Taal volcano eruption.
During the suspended rules of the session, Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang pushed the measure as City Hall requested urgency for its passage.
“This is the first appropriation coming from the calamity fund of the city in support to those who were victims of the different calamities,” said Dayanghirang, the chair of the Council’s committee on finance, ways and means and appropriations.
The Visayas areas affected by Typhoon Ursula on Christmas Eve last year will get P8.1 million.
The provinces of Aklan, Capiz, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Iloilo, and Samar will be given P1 million each, while towns of Madellin, Daanbantayan, and Madridejos in Cebu; Pandan and Libertad in Antique; Daram in Samar; and San Jose in Occidental Mindoro will be given P300,000 each.
In the Davao del Sur earthquake, the towns of Padada, Matanao, Sulop, and Kiblawan will be given cash assistance of P300,000 each for recovery support.
The city will also give P1 million each to the provinces of Batangas and Cavite, both severely affected by eruption of the Taal Volcano on Jan. 12
Dayanghirang said it has been the tradition of the city to help areas affected by calamities.
“Davao (City) is always giving help to those who need it,” he said. “By practice, the Duterte doctrine never abandoned any calamity victim.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success