The city government will use the two buses donated by China for education and tourism purposes.
Donated by the government of Nanning City in People’s Republic of China, the buses arrived on Monday.
One will be utilized as a service bus for public school teachers who will be shuttled to and from the downtown area to Marilog District. The other bus will be for tourism and investment purposes.
April Marie Dayap, the head of the Davao City Investment and Promotion Center (DCIPC), said teachers assigned in the far-flung Second District areas have been experiencing difficulty in traveling to Marilog due to lack of public transportation.
“The other bus will serve as transport for foreign visitors and investors who would like to explore the city,” she said.
The two buses are part of the “good gestures” of Nanning, the capital of Guanxi province in Southern China, Dayap said.
She said the buses symbolize the strong bond and friendship between the two cities. Nanning and Davao City have established sisterhood pact since 2007.
“This is a manifestation of the help that they want to extend to Davao City,” Dayap said.
The two buses were promised by Nanning officials during the visit of Mayor Sara Duterte in May 2017.
According to Dayap, the buses will bear the “Byaheng do30″ logo, which symbolizes the 30 priority agenda of the city mayor.
Aside from the buses, Dayap said Nanning also offers scholarships for Davaoeños.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021