An 18-year-old student was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the Calinan Police Station along Tinikling Street, San Francisco De Asis, Matina, Barangay 74-A at 11:40 p.m. on Saturday.
Maj. Arquiomedes Wesley, the Calinan Police Station commander, identified him as Ryan Saladio, a resident of San Francisco De Asis. Confiscated from him were 2 sachets of shabu, P500 marked money, and aluminum foil.
Wesley said they have been monitoring the suspect since November.
“He was the one supplying items to Baguio and Calinan areas. But he was extremely picky about who he was selling the items to,” he said.
Apparently, the suspect refused earlier suggestions by the buy-bust team to deliver alleged drugs at a specific location. But they managed to convince Saladio to sell to them what was left of his dwindling supply.
The suspect is detained in the Calinan Police Station, while a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 is filed against him.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed