The new National Prosecution Service XI building started construction following the groundbreaking ceremony last Wednesday.
The city and regional prosecutors would be transferred to the 6-storey building, while the Benigno Aquino Hall of Justice will be occupied by all the Regional Trial Court and Municipal Trial Court in Cities salas.
The new building will sit on more than half of the 500-square-meter total land area allotted for the project. The first four floors would be occupied by the Office of the City Prosecutor, while the last two floors would be occupied by the Office of the Regional Prosecutor.
The 6-storey, which also features a roofdeck, has a total budget of P125 million. This year, P50 million was released for the initial construction. The project was made through the initiative of former Davao City congressman Karlo Nograles. It is filed under the local infrastructure program of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
According to Prosecutor Jay Karel Sanchez, the new prosecution office building will combine traditional and modern designs, and it is expected to become a new landmark in Davao City. The target date for its completion is in December 2021.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year