The new National Prosecution Service XI building started construction following the groundbreaking ceremony last Wednesday.
The city and regional prosecutors would be transferred to the 6-storey building, while the Benigno Aquino Hall of Justice will be occupied by all the Regional Trial Court and Municipal Trial Court in Cities salas.
The new building will sit on more than half of the 500-square-meter total land area allotted for the project. The first four floors would be occupied by the Office of the City Prosecutor, while the last two floors would be occupied by the Office of the Regional Prosecutor.
The 6-storey, which also features a roofdeck, has a total budget of P125 million. This year, P50 million was released for the initial construction. The project was made through the initiative of former Davao City congressman Karlo Nograles. It is filed under the local infrastructure program of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
According to Prosecutor Jay Karel Sanchez, the new prosecution office building will combine traditional and modern designs, and it is expected to become a new landmark in Davao City. The target date for its completion is in December 2021.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission