The new National Prosecution Service XI building started construction following the groundbreaking ceremony last Wednesday.
The city and regional prosecutors would be transferred to the 6-storey building, while the Benigno Aquino Hall of Justice will be occupied by all the Regional Trial Court and Municipal Trial Court in Cities salas.
The new building will sit on more than half of the 500-square-meter total land area allotted for the project. The first four floors would be occupied by the Office of the City Prosecutor, while the last two floors would be occupied by the Office of the Regional Prosecutor.
The 6-storey, which also features a roofdeck, has a total budget of P125 million. This year, P50 million was released for the initial construction. The project was made through the initiative of former Davao City congressman Karlo Nograles. It is filed under the local infrastructure program of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
According to Prosecutor Jay Karel Sanchez, the new prosecution office building will combine traditional and modern designs, and it is expected to become a new landmark in Davao City. The target date for its completion is in December 2021.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months