A man was arrested after failing to show documents for his gun at a joint military and police checkpoint in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro (formerly Lasang), Bunawan District at around 9 a.m. yesterday.
The suspect was identified as Andul Yasset Macusang, 43, a resident of P-Mangga, Maco, Davao de Oro, who was driving a Ford Ranger when stopped at the checkpoint.
Recovered from his possession were one unit Norinco,40 caliber pistol bearing serial no. DK001108, together with one magazine loaded with 13 bullets.
Authorities found the gun in plain view when they checked on his vehicle. It was placed at the car armrest box storage.
A case for violation of RA 10591 is being prepared against the suspect.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021