She is one Filipina who resides in Maryland, USA who comes home to Davao to spend her birthday with family and close friends, especially her walking buddies. Every January 7, Belen Saramosing-Ramirez invites friends to her birthday party, be it a simple merienda or a buffet dinner at the hotel of her choice.
This year, she chose to celebrate her 70th birthday party with a dinner and ballroom dancing at the Acacia Hotel. Her walking buddies – Pomilda “Inday” Daniel, Marita Tuazon, Jacqui Tan and Inday Angala all came to greet her. With them were Elizabeth Zimmerman-Duterte and close friend Violeta Escandor.
Early well-wishers were Atty. Cindy Pratt, Alfonso “Boy” Guino-o, Bill Zimmerman and Belen’s cousins and auntie, Amy Oropesa. Belen’s sister came with Dr. Neil Oropesa, brothers John and niece Tina and other members of her family. Joji Ilagan-Bian was also around to greet Belen, and was one of those who were called upon to share stories of their friendship with Belen.
The party later turned to be a ball with the dance instructors all ready to partner with the guests.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?