The Bankerohan fire damaged at least P40.2 million worth of property, the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) reported.
CSSDO Poblacion A district head Minda Salvano bared that the fire affected at least 354 families occupying in 140 houses that were burned in Barayco, Purok 2, Bankerohan Riverside, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District.
Salvano said 137 houses were damaged while three were partially damaged.
The CSSDO officer said residents are now “striving hard to recover.”
Salvano, in an interview with Mindanao Times, said the financial assistance from the city government is still being prepared.
But she said the local government already extended relief goods and medical assistance to the victims.
Salvano said Sen. Bong Go and Rep. Paolo Duterte extended financial assistance aside from various goods.
“On January 17, Senator Bong Go gave donations and financial assistance to the residents in which each individual received P2,000 each. Rep. Duterte also gave donations and cash assistance to them, in which he also gave P3,000 per person,” Salvano said.
Some companies and city residents also donated help for them to cope up.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos