The Bankerohan fire damaged at least P40.2 million worth of property, the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) reported.
CSSDO Poblacion A district head Minda Salvano bared that the fire affected at least 354 families occupying in 140 houses that were burned in Barayco, Purok 2, Bankerohan Riverside, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District.
Salvano said 137 houses were damaged while three were partially damaged.
The CSSDO officer said residents are now “striving hard to recover.”
Salvano, in an interview with Mindanao Times, said the financial assistance from the city government is still being prepared.
But she said the local government already extended relief goods and medical assistance to the victims.
Salvano said Sen. Bong Go and Rep. Paolo Duterte extended financial assistance aside from various goods.
“On January 17, Senator Bong Go gave donations and financial assistance to the residents in which each individual received P2,000 each. Rep. Duterte also gave donations and cash assistance to them, in which he also gave P3,000 per person,” Salvano said.
Some companies and city residents also donated help for them to cope up.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?