First District Rep. Paolo Duterte extended financial assistance to victims of the recent Bankerohan fire incident.
Rodrigo Duterte II represented his father in giving the cash assistance to 284 victims at the barangay hall of Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District yesterday.
Jay Villarica, the congressman’s chief of staff, said over P1 million was released.
A total of 134 homeowners received P5,000, 122 renters were given P3,000, and 28 boarders were given P2,000.
Villarica said the fire victims need cash assistance to help them rebuild their houses and purchase their necessities, aside from the relief goods.
Rodrigo II said he represented his father because the congressman could not available due to previous commitments.
“He is busy in Congress,” the young Duterte answered when asked by reporters on the whereabouts of his father.
“Amping lang pirmi (Always be careful),” the presidential grandson and namesake quoted his father’s message to the fire victims.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021