First District Rep. Paolo Duterte extended financial assistance to victims of the recent Bankerohan fire incident.
Rodrigo Duterte II represented his father in giving the cash assistance to 284 victims at the barangay hall of Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District yesterday.
Jay Villarica, the congressman’s chief of staff, said over P1 million was released.
A total of 134 homeowners received P5,000, 122 renters were given P3,000, and 28 boarders were given P2,000.
Villarica said the fire victims need cash assistance to help them rebuild their houses and purchase their necessities, aside from the relief goods.
Rodrigo II said he represented his father because the congressman could not available due to previous commitments.
“He is busy in Congress,” the young Duterte answered when asked by reporters on the whereabouts of his father.
“Amping lang pirmi (Always be careful),” the presidential grandson and namesake quoted his father’s message to the fire victims.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange