The Philippine Air Force (PAF) yesterday got new security screening equipment, including x-ray machines, for its air stations here and its headquarters in Metro Manila.
PAF head Major General Glicerio Peralta received the equipment from the Department of Transportation (DOTr) during the ceremonial turn-over ceremony at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport.
“The new x-ray machines are the most advance scanners,” said Undersecretary Raul del Rosario, administrator of DOTr’s Office of the Transportation Security (OTS).
“With the aims of emphasis on security and interagency cooperation of the (Department of the) National Defense, the Armed Forces of the Philippines, and the DOTr-OTS, these equipment will help strengthen the security of the passengers, aircraft and facilities,” del Rosario said.
The equipment, worth P126 million, include two IDSS Detect 1000 x-ray, a Smiths Detection Multi-mode Trace Detector Explosive handheld and two Smiths Detection 500DT Explosive Trace Detector Desktop Type.
The equipment will be utilized by the Tactical Operations Wing Eastern Mindanao (TOW EastMin) in its Davao Air Station here and the 520th Air Base Wing (ABW) in Villamor Air Base, Pasay, Metro Manila.
The equipment is part of the modernization program of the PAF to “expedite processing of military and civilian passengers.”
Del Rosario said the equipment delivered is just “partial” as there are other equipment coming.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course